Select Soft Blend Batting was created for machine or hand quilters who want to quilt and embellish without fear of distortion. This durable, yet soft batting features a light scrim (stabilizer) which helps to control stretching and movement during quilting and embellishing. This unique blend of cotton and polyester fibers has been needle punched offering superior support for your project! This quality batting has a smooth loft, with less resistance making it ideal for hand or machine quilters.
Directions for Use and Care
- Always do a test piece in advance to become comfortable with using this batting.
- It is recommended to pre-wash this batting prior to use. Hand wash and dry naturally using cool water and a mild detergent, soak for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture by rolling in a dry towel. Lay the piece flat and let it dry naturally.
- DO NOT MACHINE WASH OR DRY BATTING
- If pre-washing your batting is not desired, it is recommended to launder your completed quilt using the delicate cycle, cool water and a mild detergent. Let the quilt dry flat and naturally for best results. A slight wrinkled and antique effect
will be the result.
- Machine or hand quilt up to 8½ apart.
- Because of the natural fibers within this batting, expect up to 3-5% shrinkage.
120½ width available “By the Yard” from your Select Retailer 96½ x 3 yds (2.43 m x 2.74 m)
Pre-Cut Quilt Sizes Available
King (124½ x 124½)
Queen (100½ x 116½)
Full (90½ x 100½)
Twin (76½ x 96½)