Select Print and Piece Fuse Lite
Ideal for turned edge applique! This fiber-based foundation gives solid yet soft support for detailed or heavy stitching and the temporary fuse keeps fabrics from shifting or pulling. The fibers of Select Print & Piece Fuse Lite are partially water-soluble; simply dampen the stitching lines and the foundation is removed easily without distorting stitches!
Directions for Use and Care
Directions for general sse as a stabilizer for embellishment:
- Heat iron to silk setting (low).
- Position the fusible side of Print & Piece Fuse Lite over the wrong side of the fabric.
- Cover the stabilizer with a cotton pressing cloth or piece of muslin. It is also OK to press from the fabric side instead of the stabilizer side.*
- Press with the iron with an up-and-down motion, not side-to-side. If a bond is not achieved, slightly increase your iron temperature and try again.**
- Once stitching is complete, slightly dampen the stitching line and pull away the stabilizer.
*Remember that all irons heat differently. We recommend testing on scrap fabric before beginning your project.
**The fusible coating on the stabilizer was designed to be temporary. If the iron temperature used is too hot, the bond may become permanent.
Directions for needle turn appliqué:
- Print or trace the image on to the non-fusible side of the stabilizer.
- Trim away the excess stabilizer by cutting directly on the lines.
- Fuse the stabilizer/image onto the wrong side of the fabric being used for the appliqué.
- Trim the fabric to within a generous ¼˝ of the stabilizer/ image.
- Use a fabric-safe glue stick and lightly coat the edge of the stabilizer/image.
- Turn the fabric so that it sticks to the glue.
- The appliqué is now ready to be stitched into place on your quilt block, garment or home dec project!
- There is no need to remove the stabilizer from behind the appliqué: when washed, half of the fibers will dissipate; the other fibers will create a slight loft under the appliqué.
Washer and Dryer Safe
Cool water and low drying temperature recommended.
Press using a medium setting on your iron.
25 pieces 8½" x 11" printable sheets (21.59 cm x 27.9 cm)
20" x 10 yards (50.8 cm x 9.14 m)
Print & Piece Fuse Lite Video: What is Print & Piece Fuse Lite?
Select Print & Piece Fuse Lite Resources